Trump Says He Won\'t Back Down On Denuclearization Despite Kim\'s Threat To Blow Up Peace Summit, Saying \'time Will Tell\' If It Actually Happens

I'M Thank because your visit in the my website with title Trump Says He Won\'t Back Down On Denuclearization Despite Kim\'s Threat To Blow Up Peace Summit, Saying \'time Will Tell\' If It Actually Happens. Happy reading

President Trump said Wednesday that he would not back down from a commitment to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula as he responded to Kim Jong-un's latest demands.

Trump repeatedly told reporters asking if the planned meeting would move forward, 'We'll have to see.' 

'No decision. We haven't been notified at all. We'll have to see,' he said during the Oval Office visit of the president of Uzbekistan. 'We haven't seen anything. We haven't heard anything. We will see what happens, whatever is. It is.' he added.

Asked by a journalist if Kim is bluffing, Trump would only say, 'We'll see what happens.'  

'Time will tell,' he told reporters asking about the June 12 summit.

President Trump said Wednesday that he would not back down from a commitment to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula as his summit, as he responded to Kim Jong-un's latest demands

President Trump said Wednesday that he would not back down from a commitment to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula as his summit, as he responded to Kim Jong-un's latest demands

Trump repeatedly told reporters asking if the planned meeting would move forward, 'We'll have to see'

Trump repeatedly told reporters asking if the planned meeting would move forward, 'We'll have to see'

The White House's line on Wednesday was that it remains optimistic that a sit-down will take place between President Trump and Kim, despite a flare-up in hostilities, and if doesn't, the U.S. will keep its choke hold on North Korea's economy.

North Korea first said that it objected to joint military exercises the U.S. and South Korea were conducting, warning that it would not sit idly by while the countries rehearsed their invasion.

It then blasted the U.S. for what it called a 'hostile policy, nuclear threats and blackmail' and went after the Trump National Security Advisor John Bolton in a second statement threatening to call off the talks between Trump and Kim.

In a statement provided to state news agency KCNA, North Korea's first vice-minister, of foreign affairs, Kim Kye Gwan, took aim at Bolton's comparison of the nuclear deal that Trump is pursuing to the Libya model that ultimately left dictator Muammar Gaddafi out to dry.  

The deputy foreign affairs minister rejected the United States' terms of nuclear abandonment, shunning the 'complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization' of the Korean Penninsula and the 'total decommissioning of nuclear weapons, missiles, biochemical weapons.'

He explicitly took issue with the U.S. position of 'abandoning nuclear weapons first, compensating afterwards' saying the proposed terms are 'essentially a manifestation of awfully sinister move to impose on our dignified state the destiny of Libya or Iraq which had been collapsed due to yielding the whole of their countries to big powers.'  

'We're ready to meet, and if that happens that's great. And if it doesn't, we'll see what happens. We're still hopeful that the meeting will take place and we'll continue down that path,' White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders responded on Fox & Friends

North Korea said in the statement that 'we do not hide our feeling of repugnance' toward Bolton. The isolated nation said that Trump would be wise to recall 'twists and setbacks owing to the likes of Bolton' and that he should avoid taking advice from 'quasi-“patriots” who insist on the Libya model' like his new national security advisor.

'If President Trump follows in the footsteps of his predecessors, he will be recorded as more tragic and unsuccessful president than his predecessors, far from his initial ambition to make unprecedented success,' the statement asserted.

'However, if the U.S. is trying to drive us into a corner to force our unilateral nuclear abandonment, we will no longer be interested in such dialogue and cannot but reconsider our proceeding to the DPRK-U.S. summit.' 

Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Wednesday morning that North Korean outrage was par for the course and the U.S. was moving ahead with preparations for the summit in Singapore.

'We're ready to meet, and if that happens that's great. And if it doesn't, we'll see what happens. We're still hopeful that the meeting will take place and we'll continue down that path,' she said moments before on Fox & Friends. 'If it doesn't, we'll continue the maximum pressure campaign that's ongoing.' 

A senior White House official likewise told DailyMail.com that North Korea's jockeying wasn't unexpected.

'The president said he wants to have the meeting,' the official said. 'But if we don't, he'll continue the ongoing maximum pressure campaign.'

Trump was non-committal as he spoke to reporters, claiming that the U.S. had neither seen nor heard anything about a cancellation.

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un US President Donald Trump

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un's government threatened on Wednesday (local time) to call off a planned nuclear summit with President Donald Trump (right)

This photo from 2017 shows a vehicle carrying what appears to be an intercontinental ballistic missile during a military parade at Kim Il Sung Square in Pyongyang, North Korea

This photo from 2017 shows a vehicle carrying what appears to be an intercontinental ballistic missile during a military parade at Kim Il Sung Square in Pyongyang, North Korea

North Korea's government said yesterday that it was considering calling off the planned nuclear summit between its dictator and Trump through state-run news agency KCNA.

Kim's regime warned that ongoing 'Max Thunder' joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea could be a 'rehearsal for invasion' of the North.

'The United States will also have to undertake careful deliberations about the fate of the planned North Korea-U.S. summit in light of this provocative military ruckus jointly conducted with the South Korean authorities,' KCNA said. 

Trump's administration made no immediate moves to slow down preparations for the summit on Tuesday and tried to make it seem like business as usual on Wednesday at the White House.

Sanders, however, did not brief reporters from the podium for a second day in the row. She took a smattering of questions from reporters after her Fox News interview at 7:30 am and that was all.

In a statement on Tuesday afternoon, she simply said: 'We are aware of the South Korean media report. The United States will look at what North Korea has said independently, and continue to coordinate closely with our allies.'  

President Trump last week greeted three Americans who were released from North Korea as they returned in the wee hours of the morning to an air case in suburban Maryland

President Trump last week greeted three Americans who were released from North Korea as they returned in the wee hours of the morning to an air case in suburban Maryland

South Korea's Yonhap News Agency had earlier reported that Pyongyang also canceled high-level talks with Seoul, scheduled for later in the day.

The North Koreans cited the military drills as the reason.

The meeting was to happen in the border town of Panmunjom, as a followup to Kim's April meeting with his South Korean counterpart, Moon Jae-In.

The Trump administration had appeared to be making progress in recent weeks toward a new diplomatic framework with the hermit kingdom.

Tempers had cooled following months of belligerence on both sides – Trump called Kim 'Little Rocket Man' and Kim responded by branding him a 'mentally deranged U.S. dotard.' 

Last week Secretary of State Mike Pompeo traveled to Pyongyang on a mission to retrieve three Americans held prisoner in the communist nation.  

He returned a day later with Kim Dong Chul, Kim Hak-song and Tony Kim on board his government jet. Trump, eager to reap the PR benefit of a public splash, went to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland at 2:00 in the morning to greet them personally. 

The prisoner release was seen as a first step toward the planned summit, which Trump then announced would take place June 12 in Singapore. 

Source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5735797/White-House-ready-walk-away-North-Korea-summit.html

Thanks you for read my article Trump Says He Won\'t Back Down On Denuclearization Despite Kim\'s Threat To Blow Up Peace Summit, Saying \'time Will Tell\' If It Actually Happens
Trump says he won't back down on denuclearization despite Kim's threat to blow up peace summit, saying 'time will tell' if it actually happens
Secretary Mike Pompeo previews upcoming Trump-Kim summit